Saturday, July 5, 2008

NECC is over!

What a great event. If you get a chance to go then go! I had a wonderful time and met a number of great people. The contacts were great. I went to a workshop for Squeak and Scratch, I did not know much about Scratch but now I think I could begin to show children how to use it. It was great fun. Squeak and Scratch are programs for Object Oriented Programming, students can draw their own objects and then program their movement. What a great tool for thinking and problem solving. It is so hard to remember all of the things I saw and write them here. I met with several vendors, the things they are producing for schools are phenomenal and expensive. I would love to get all of them. I especially liked the Mimio device to turn any white board into an interactive smart board. It was not too cheap but it was not as expensive as the full blown white boards.

All in all it was a great experience. I was glad I went and I plan on breaking things down so I can tell you all more about each thing I found most interesting. Stay tuned!!!

No comments: