Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Tuesday Afternoon

I saw so many great things today that I cannot begin to talk about all of it. I am going to try and remember and write it into a document this evening so I can blog about it for you guys.

1st I went to the keynote this morning, it was so exciting. Lester Holt from the Today show was interviewing 2 teachers who have been collaborating with teachers and classes all over the world. They have done some really amazing things with their students. They found they were losing their delight in teaching and feeling like they were ready to retire or pursue something else. They began to explore technology and the ability to collaborate with other people. At first they did a community project but gradually expanded to a much greater idea. They have worked with schools in Japan, Sierra Leone, the United States, in fact all over the world. Their excitement was evident. Here are some links to the sites they are using:

iearn.org

My Hero

Taking it Global

Zero Footprint

Anyway for now look this stuff over, it was a great keynote!

No comments: